PIF Announces FII 2018 Advisory BoardAug 29, 2018, 3:40:09 PM GMT+3 Sustainable Development News Government Agencies News Economics News
The Public Investment Fund (PIF) of Saudi Arabia has today announced the formation of an advisory board, comprised of eleven of the most influential global executives from technology, finance and business, that will support the ongoing development of the program for the 2018 Future Investment Initiative (FII).
The second edition of FII is taking place in Riyadh from October 23rd-25th 2018 and will explore how investment can be used to drive growth opportunities, fuel innovation and shape future economies.
With a wealth of expertise across multiple sectors and geographies, the 2018 FII advisory board members possess unique insights that will ensure FII remains at the forefront of the global investment debate, unlocking exciting new growth opportunities. The advisory board provides strategic guidance on all elements of FII. They will also be instrumental in advancing new strategic opportunities amongst the international thought leaders gathered by FII.
Advisory board members include:
* Mohamed Ali Alabbar, Founder & Chairman, Emaar Properties
* Ajay Banga, President & CEO, Mastercard
* Victor Chu, Chairman & CEO, First Eastern Investment Group
* Mellody Hobson, President, Ariel Investments
* Arianna Huffington, Founder & CEO, Thrive Global
* Joe Kaeser, President & CEO, Siemens AG
* Lubna S. Olayan, CEO & Deputy Chairperson, Olayan Financing Company
* Stephen Schwarzman, CEO, Blackstone
* Masayoshi Son, CEO, SoftBank Group Corp.
* Tidjane Thiam, CEO, Credit Suisse Group AG
* Peter Thiel, Co-Founder & Partner, Founders Fund
Commenting on the announcement, Ajay Banga, President & CEO, Mastercard Incorporated and member of the FII 2018 advisory board, said: “Every day, businesses and governments explore how technology and partnerships can drive new innovation and new opportunities to benefit people economically and socially.
The Future Investment Initiative has proven to be an important venue to bring together leaders to discuss the needs of our shared future. It’s events like this that sparks real action.”
Victor Chu, Chairman & CEO, First Eastern Investment Group and member of the FII 2018 advisory board also commented: “The 2017 edition of the Future Investment Initiative was a great success in helping bridge the gap between East and West.
It brought together thought and business leaders from around the world to share their views on current and future global issues.
This is now an unmissable event for those wishing to have a better understanding of our rapidly globalizing world.”
Arianna Huffington, Founder & CEO, Thrive Global and member of the FII 2018 advisory board said: "Last year's inaugural Future Investment Initiative made it clear that this is an essential stop on the global business calendar, particularly for anyone interested in a truly international perspective on innovations and forward thinking from all parts of the world.
Since then, the pace of change has only accelerated, making an even stronger case for how vital this unique gathering of leaders is for advancing our human potential.
And I'm very much looking forward to working with the FII 2018 team to shape an agenda that not only showcases the best emerging ideas but helps us take meaningful action on a global scale.”
The programme for FII 2018 will include:
* Expert-led debates and discussions to explore the world’s most important economic trends;
* Three summits looking at new healthcare frontiers, immersive technologies and the urban future;
* Twelve cross-sector taskforces designed to explore emerging business and investment trends, and early-stage growth opportunities.
Further updates on the 2018 program, partners and speakers will be announced over the coming months, with further information available at www.futureinvestmentinitiative.com.