The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
HRH Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman Al Saud
The Shura Council
Arabian Gulf, 2,150,000 square kilometres
- Al Baha
- Al Jouf
- Northern Border
Arabic (official language)
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is an Islamic monarchy in which Islam is the official religion.
Saudi Riyal (SR)
Bank notes, in Arabic and English, in denominations of 1, 5, 10, 50, 100 and 500 riyals; coins in denominations of 5, 10, 25, 50 and 100 halalahs, with 100 halalahs equal to one riyal; metric system in use
Fixed Exchange Rate:
- Public Sector: From Sunday to Thursday: 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Private Sector: Morning: 8:00a.m to 12 p.m. Afternoon: 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Banks: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Shopping Stores: Weekdays: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Friday: 4:00 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday and Saturday
Country Dialling Code:
.sa - example: www.domain.sa
- Prince Mohammad bin Abdulaziz International Airport
- King Khalid International Airport
- King Fahd International Airport
- King Abdulaziz International Airport
- Taif International Airport
Airlines and buses
Almost the entire Kingdom is arid, although there is rainfall in the north and along the mountain range to the west, especially in the far south-west, which receives the monsoon rains in summer. Sporadic rain can also occur elsewhere, sometimes very heavily, causing serious flooding, including in Riyadh, where the air and prevailing winds usually tend to be arid.